Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thoughts for a weekend

*Steps up on soapbox*

I like food.  I know food.  I know what marjoram, Rosemary, thyme, and basil looks like, tastes like, and what you can use it for.  I will eat hummus, haggis, and horseradish.  However, I can also admit that sometimes a box of good old Kraft dinner is good.  A big warm bowl of squishy all white processed flour carb loaded noodles covered in butter, milk, and powdered orange "cheese".  Why is it that just because a person can cook a gourmet meal means that all of the sudden they can't still enjoy the simple things in life?

*Steps off soapbox*

Well, Tim and I had an interesting experience this afternoon trying to transfer a file from his mom's computer to his droid.  It probably would have gone a little more smoothly had I known a little bit more about computers.  For some reason he trusted me to attempt this feat all by myself so I plugged the thing in using the USB cable and off I went.  After about fifteen minutes I came and sat down beside him and we looked at it together.  Now at this point he assumed I had tried everything as far as just copying and pasting the file.  So we followed our attempts with blue tooth and email, neither of which worked for whatever reason.  Now he took the computer and started looking.  All of the sudden he picks up the laptop and looks it over top to bottom and front to back.  He sets it back down and sighs.  Apparently when the thing says drive D it isn't the removable cd drive over in the drawer of the hutch.  Apparently it calls anything plugged into the USB port "removable drive D".  Go figure.  *grins*

No comments:

Post a Comment