Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow. I can't bleieve it has been so long. The holidays and my birthday really threw me off. My monkey's birthday is coming up next. I have decided to make a monkey face cupcake cake. I have been looking at recipes and think I will go with Martha Stewarts recipe for snickerdoodle cupcakes. The only thing I am not sure about is the frosting. 7 minute or cream cheese? For those of you that don't know the difference I will tell you so you can help me decide. 7 minute is a rich egg based cooked icing. It is light as a feather and feels like velvet on your tongue. The cream cheese is thick and creamy with that slightly tart cream cheese flavor coming out amidst the sugar. I am so excited to try this! I made a couple of resolutions this year. The first is your typical loose weight hooplah. I hope to actually accomplish it though. I have some really fun options for going at it, like my zumba game on xbox 360. The second is to read more books than I did in the past year. I read 44 last year as best I can tell so this year 52 is my goal. One per week. I would love to read some substantial books such as the ones on the list that my cousin sent me. It included Moby Dick, Wuthering Heights and The Great Gatsby. However, ten pages into Wuthering Heights and I am not sure I wont go back to my fluff. Bah. Oh well. Books are books and I will reach my goal!!

1 comment:

  1. i don't know exactly what kind of books you are into, but have you read the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris?? The show True Blood is based on them. i read one and was hooked. i ended up reading all 10 in like 3 months or something. it was crazy.

    as for the icing, i'm not an icing person so i can't really help you. but i freakin love cream cheese period. you might ask my grandmother, she might know.

    ReplyDelete